From Ellie Krieger
Corn cereal crumbsand crushed crackers create a delicious coating. The yogurt tenderizes the chicken. A light spray of olive oil before baking guarantees lightly crispy results.
- 1/2 sleeve (about 20) whole-grain saltine crackers
- 2 1/2 cups corn cereal flakes
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 3/4 Tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Tsp garlic powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup lowfat plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 medium skinless chicken breasts AND thighs, rinsed and patted dry (about 3 1/2 pounds chicken)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Combine the crackers and corn flakes in a food processor and pulse to fine crumbs. Remove to a large, shallow bowl and mix in sesame seeds, cayenne, and garlic powder. set mixture aside.
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites, yogurt, Dijon mustard, and salt. Add the chicken pieces and coat thoroughly with the yogurt mixture.
- One at a time, dip the chicken pieces in the cracker mixture, packing crumbs onto chicken. Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet and spray lightly with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until juices run clear when pierced with fork.