Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- 3 1/2 Lbs. Yukon gold potatoes
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 Oz. cream sheese, softened
- 4 Oz., (1 stick), unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 Cup milk, warmed
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream, warmed
- Place potatoes and 1 Tbsp. salt in a medium pot, cover with cold water by 2 inches, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover partially, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 35 minutes. Drain, and let stand until just cool enough to handle. Rub off skins and disgard. Cut potatoes into large pieces.
- Combine potatoes, cream cheese, butter, milk and 1/4 cup cream in a mixer bowl fitted with the baddle attachment. Beat until combined. Season with salt and pepper, and beat to desired consistency.
- Return mashed potatoes to pot, and place over medium heat. Add remaining cream and cook, stirring constantly, until heated through. Serve immediately, or keep warm in a covered bowl over simmering water for up to 2 hours.